Social Media Strategy
An effective social media strategy is a combination of extensive competitor research, market analysis and an understanding of your target audience to create a content strategy designed to reach, nurture and convert them.
Social Media Calendar
A social media calendar is a schedule of your social media posts, arranged by date and includes the content type, the content pillars, captions and the social media channels you’ll be utilizing.
HOW A SOCIAL MEDIA STRATEGY DIFFERS FROM A SOCIAL MEDIA CALENDAR
SOCIAL MEDIA STRATEGY
- A Plan media strategy offers direction.
- A Plan and framework that guides all your social media efforts.
- A tailored approach to the business’s objectives and goals.
- The foundation needed before a SM Calendar.
- It should be utilized for 60-90 days before making changes.
SOCIAL MEDIA CALENDAR
- A Social media calendar offers structure.
- A schedule that helps to plan content ahead to optimize for best results.
- It’s success is heavily dependent on the strategy.
- The icing on the “strategy” cake.
- Can be switched up monthly or be-weekly.
Few Things to Note
- Your social media strategy informs the calendar.
- You can’t make an effective social media calendar without a strategy.
- If you make a social media calendar without strategy, you’re guessing and winging it.